What a long day!! Worked out in the summer heat all day from about 9a to 9p, burning a huge brush pile, no less, making it about 115 deg, so I sweat my butt off. But I love the heat and it felt oh-so-good. Got a nice sunburn too. When I finally knocked off for my run at about 9p, I didn't have much left in me for obvious reasons. Schedule said to do 0-4 miles @ a slow pace, so technically I could have taken the day off, but just didn't want that to be how I started things off - even though I did drop a tree on my foot today, leaving a nice scrape that soaked my sock in blood, which later made every step rub painfully on an open sore. All things considered, I opted for an easy 2 miles. Well, there was nothing easy about it because I was wiped, gimp, and the 1st mile is up a steep hill, but an 11 min pace under any other circumstance would normally be "easy."
Wonder how Katy's 1st day of training was? Will have to check her blog out @ http://katysfirstmarathon.blogspot.com/
Got an update on my Aunt Jean today (who is the whole reason I am running this marathon). After almost dying from some strange respiratory issue around Christmas last year, I made the commitment to run a marathon in her honor if she fought it out and recovered - which she did. But then, on one of her follow-up visits, they found a completely unrelated cancer. A very agressive, fast-moving cancer that required an even more agressive treatment of 35, yes, THIRTY FIVE, raditation zaps and 7 chemotherapy. Her last chemo is this Thursday and she has done really well w/ that part. The raditation, on the other hand, has really kicked her butt and those treatments will continue through the 14 or 15th of this month - and even once it's over, it will take several weeks for it to work its way out of her system so she can start to start to feel better. She has lost a lot of weight and is very weak. All of this obviously makes this marathon even more important that it was before. Please everyone keep her in your thoughts :)
Miles Today: 2
Miles This Week: 4
Total Training Miles: 4
No comments:
Post a Comment