I am reminded today of how every aspect of my life for the next 18 weeks will, in one way or another, revolve around my marathon training...particularly what, when and how much I eat. Lunch #1 - turkey sandwich, Lunch #2 - turkey sandwich number two, Early dinner - hamburger, potato salad, harvest cheddar sun chips, pound cake & ice cream. All of this equals a very full stomach, and will make for a very unpleasant run - luckily, training doesn't officially start til tomorrow. But I had planned on running all day and I wasn't going to start this whole thing off by re-neg'n. So I gave my full belly an hour or so (which didn't really offer much relief) and then decided to go walking until I felt like I could run. I ended up walking about a mile, which was followed by my best time so far up the treacherous hill and back. Granted, it was only a two mile run, but I swear that beast of a hill makes it feel more like 4-5. Here's hoping today's success is an indicator of what's to come.
Miles Today: 2
Miles This Week: 2
Total Training Miles: 2
No comments:
Post a Comment