Wednesday was my day off - well, from running anyway, not from anything else. Aunt Jean is still feeling very crummy. It's been exactly one week since her last radiation and the pain hasn't let up any yet :( We really hoped it would have by now, maybe just a little bit anyway. I did officially register for the race today, though. How crazy is it that I'm paying $65 so I can run 26.2 miles? I'm sure most people wouldn't run a marathon even if you offered to pay them ten times that, ha! I love being insane.
Today I was supposed to do 6 miles at my target marathon pace, which I have decided to shoot for 10 min miles. Considering my recent progress, I thought today was going to be easy. But then I realized that it's been a week and a half since I had to tackle that awful hill, which I have decided to name Darth Vader.
My first mile (all uphill, and a pretty steep one) took over 11 minutes, and I knew I still had one more large hill and two smaller ones before the sweet relief of downhills. Just when I was starting to really make up the difference in time, I had to take a detour and chase down my running partner (Jasper, the 10 foot tall and bullet proof chihuahua), grab her up and walk with her in my arms for the next quarter mile or so. Why, you ask? There was a very big dog that she tried to pick a fight with. Well, I'm sure I've shot my goal all to hell by now, but the downhills are just around the corner, so maybe I can at least keep from totally bombing. Should have finished in exactly 60 min, and made it in 60 min & 28 sec. I was happy with that, considering.
Annnnnd, herrrrrre's Johnny, no wait, Katy: http://katysfirstmarathon.blogspot.com/
Wednesday Miles: 0 (Day off)
Thursday's Miles: 6
Miles This Week: 9.5
Total Training Miles: 64.75
No comments:
Post a Comment