Well, Day 3 was a rest day, but I had intended on still doing a short blog and just didn't get around to it. Since my Tuesday speed training sort of went awry, I opted to do the high end of the suggested mileage for Day 4 (which was 3-6 miles) - I mapped it on MapMyRun and it came to 6.2, woohoo!
Was a pretty good and uneventful run. The hill hurt a little more than usual, but I changed my route up and put the hill in the middle of the run instead of the beginning. My Aunt Jean got her last round of chemo today and did pretty well, except she is having trouble taking in fluids since she can't really swallow, and if she gets any more dehydrated, they will have to hospitalize her :( Still 4 more zaps of radiation to go, and then we have to wait about 6 weeks before they'll test to make sure all the cancer is gone. This makes me really start thinking in terms of, "where will I be in 6 weeks?" Not just in the sense of my training, but life in general. What project will I be working on, will I have any new issues in my life, will something good have happened, how about in 6 months, 6 years; will I ever have a battle with cancer of my own to fight and if so, is there anyone out there who'd be willing to run a marathon for me in honor of my battle?
I don't know, it just makes a person think I guess. Life is truly a dichotomy. On one hand, the human body is an incredibly amazing and resilient machine (as I experience first hand through the marathon), and then on the other hand, life is also so very fragile. My philosophical thinking today could possibly also be since tomorrow would have been the wedding anniversary of one of my dearest friends who became a widow at the tender age of 26. I stood there at the altar with her as her maid of honor, tears of joy streaming down my face. Then, just a few years later, I stood by her side again in front of our loved ones, but this time with tears of deepest sorrow. I remember wishing that I could somehow trade her places and take all her pain, but unfortunately, that's just not how it works. And you know, that's really how it should be. If someone else took all the blood, sweat & tears of the marathon training and raceday for me, then it would also take all the joy out of the triumph at the end. Love you Sar! So proud of how far you've come!
And of course, we should check in on Katy too!
http://katysfirstmarathon.blogspot.com/
Miles Today: 6
Miles This Week: 13
Total Training Miles: 13
No comments:
Post a Comment