Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Days 15 & 16

After some incredible progress last week, this week sure started out with a flop :( Since it was a very sluggish 8 miles on Sunday, I was really hoping to have a good, strong run for Monday.  Schedule called for 0-6, and I had in mind about 4 or 5.  However, my job had other plans for me.  I ended up working over 12 hours (which really isn't that big of a deal for me), but when I didn't stop work til 10pm or so, it was simply too late at night to just be starting a run, and I was too tired.  Not to mention, I was nauseous, light-headed, dizzy and high-as-a-kite from working with lacquer for the last several hours.  I was very disappointed, but I had to let this run go.  Fail.

Today was another 12 hour work day that involved a lot of inhalants, but since most of the spraying was done during the daytime while the bugs are away, we were able to ventilate and spare a few brain cells, as well as not thoroughly piss off my asthma.  But of course, a mild nosebleed had to make a cameo appearance, just for spite.  I was still tired though, and a little woozy AND it was supposed to be speed workout day...oh boy what a nice mixture this is gonna be, right?  I decided I just wanted to get the 3 miles over with, so I opted for 3 intervals of 1-mile each.  It's one thing to do a 1/4 mile or 1/2 mile as hard as you can, but to practically "sprint" an entire mile is a whole other story (sprint being a relative term compared to my usual 10-10:30 pace).  Well, screw it, here goes...

Mile 1 - 8:44, wth?! Oh my freakin gaaa, really?  Did I just do that?  Well cut my legs off and call me shorty!!!  This is an incredibly impressive pace for me, but I'm sure my next two miles will suffer dearly.

Mile 2 - 8:58, Did I really just maintain that?  Boo-ya!  Not to mention that my time was actually a little better than that, but the neighbors stopped me for a few seconds to warn me that they saw copperheads out on the road the night before, oh goody.

Mile 3 - last one, the TRUE test.  Let's see what I can dig deep for.  Drum roll please... duh duh duh duh - - - - 8:17!!  Yes, EIGHT MINUTES, SEVENTEEN SECONDS.  Put that in your pipe and smoke it, biatch!!!

Wonder if Katy was able to do the full 3 miles this time on her 2nd go-round w/ speed training: http://katysfirstmarathon.blogspot.com/

Monday's Miles: 0
Tuesday's Miles: 3.5, Rockstar Style
Miles This Week: 3.5
Total Training Miles: 58.75

No comments:

Post a Comment