Saturday, June 25, 2011

Day 19 - Gawd I hate that friggin hill!

Why oh why am I already experiencing chaffing?!  My first encounter with chaffing last year wasn't until I hit like a 16-18 mile run.  But oh no, yesterday and today, thighs rubbing together and now I have little strawberries between my legs, go ahead, laugh.  A 112lb person should NOT be having this problem, wth.

This run was just doomed I guess.  Less than a mile into things, Jasper took off after a fox, despite my yelling at her to stop. I called and called and she never came; I didn't see her for several mintues.  I was sure the fox had eaten her, and quite frankly, I didn't care.  Then, she just shows back up out of nowhere.  Considering her bad behavior yesterday, this is strike 2 for her.

I've noticed my asthma usually lets up a little bit after the first mile or so (the doctor says that this is because the adrenaline and endorphins released during exercise are natural bronchodilators, hmm interesting).  I decided to try to use this to my advantage and get a mile on flat land before going after Darth Vader.  This didn't work at all.  I still wanted to die on that mile long hill.  So far we have chaffing, Jasper acting up and the hill cramping my style.

About the 3rd mile (schedule called for 4-7 miles, I wanted to go for 7 today), Jasper once again misbehaves.  The rule is that she can wonder all over the place while I run, but that when I see/hear a car coming and call for her, she is to stay at my side until they pass.  She did not come this time and just dilly-dallied in the middle of the road.  The people had to come to a complete stop & when I went to pick her up, she just ran away from me.  I don't know if the people in the car were amused or what, but they just kept sitting there.  Angry & embarassed, I waved them on and kept trying to chase down the stupid dog.  Meanwhile, ANOTHER car is coming and we go thru the same drill with them too.  Jasper finally crowches down on the side of the road, as if I beat her senseless on a regular basis - which I have never done, but it certainly took everything I had not to do it at this moment.  Strikes 3 & 4 for Jasper - she is on indefinite running probation.  Stupid bitch.

As if I couldn't have gotten any more angry and frustrated on this run, as the sun is setting, the bugs are swarming.  I am so effen sick of effen bugs!!  I cannot wait to get back to the city where we have far, far fewer bugs, and there is concrete instead of dirt and mud everywhere.  And I am never more than 5 minutes away from a Wal-Mart.  I am SOOOOO friggin sick of the country and nature right now.  Bahhhhhhhh!!!  Oh, and even though I'm wearing neon yellow shorts & a bright white top, the next several cars that go by must have been texting while driving or something because 3-4 times I was nearly run off the road.  I threw my arms in the air at one car and the next one I flipped them off.  I am an angry, angry girl today.

Go Katy Go!!: http://katysfirstmarathon.blogspot.com/

Today's Miles: 7
Miles This Week: 16.5
Total Training Miles: 71.75

No comments:

Post a Comment