Today I had the option of 0-6 miles. I was incredibly restless yesterday, all last night and again all day today, so I opted for the 6 to hopefully wear me out. I don't know what my dealio is. Well, actually, I kinda think I do. I think I'm starting to really need some human contact from being out here where there is next to none. I miss seeing my friends, and just knowing my Mom is halfway across the country eats at me. While I require far more alone time than most people, the fact that the option to socialize face-to-face with my loved ones is not available here is starting to wear on me. Facebook is really the closest thing to socializing that I have out here.
It was a good run though. Legs were a little tired from yesterday, but the good kind of tired where I could really feel the muscles working and flexing during the run. I guess I'm a bit of a masochist in that way; I like to feel the strain and the burn. However, I do NOT derive any pleasure whatsoever from the pain in my chest, which was a little worse than usual today, at least for the first couple miles. I did have a running companion today...Jasper, a little 6 month old chihuahua dog, tagged along and made sure she chased all the deer away as we neared them.
Aunt Jean is done w/ chemo!! :) And only 4 more raditations. She was severely dehydrated and on the verge of having to be admitted to the hospital, but she managed to drink a little bit & avoid that. Keep it up - we are so close to this being over!!
Be sure to keep up with Katy's progress too: http://katysfirstmarathon.blogspot.com/
Miles Today: 6
Miles This Week: 19
Total Training Miles: 19
love you Punkin :o) I may be far away in miles...but I AM there with you, always in your heart! Proud of you and honoring your Aunt Jean with the run is a treasure too.
ReplyDelete