Monday, June 20, 2011

Days 13 & 14 - Peach Festival Race

Day 13 was the Peach Festival 4-Mile Race, which worked out perfectly since the schedule said to run 3-6 miles.  Granted 4 miles is on the low side of that, but considering the fact that it was racing 4 miles and not just regular jogging, I think that makes up for the difference.  My time came in right at 36 minutes, which comes to an average of 9 min miles!!  Holy crap - didn't know I had that in me.  Thank you to Ann for showing up to cheer for me and take some pics, and also letting me borrow her nebulizer to do a treatment the night before and morning of, I am certain I couldn't have pulled that off without her help :)  I would like to do a few more short road races in place of training runs going forward and see what I can get my times down to.

Day 14 was rough.  Running Rx was 4-8 miles, and I really wanted to do the 8.  But I was not feeling that great.  Legs sore and tired from the race, my tummy was upset, I'd done a lot of travel over the weekend & hadn't slept super great, and I decided to go for my run during the hottest part of the day.  All things considered, I had to work in several walking breaks in this run, but I had promised myself I was doing the full 8 miles, even if I had to walk every last step.  As miserable as I felt during the whole run, I'm glad I made myself do it.  I think it's getting out on days like these and doing what you have to do that makes us into true champions and gives the journey its true meaning.

Let's see how Katy has been doing: http://katysfirstmarathon.blogspot.com/

Saturday's Miles: 4
Sunday's Miles: 8
This Week's Miles: 26.25
Total Training Miles: 55.25

No comments:

Post a Comment