Saturday, June 11, 2011

Day 6

Today's Rx was 3-6 miles.  I went for 4.  I was tired all day because I haven't been able to fall asleep until like 3-4a the last few nights and still have been waking up around 8ish.  I had a little burst of energy earlier in the day and wanted to run then, but it was raining cats and dogs.  I like running in the rain, I really like it, in fact - just not when it's pouring.  So I waited it out and had another late run.  Bugs were bad, swallowed two.  Yum.

I was really contemplating not running this evening, and honestly, if I had skipped today, it would have very little, if any, effect on my training.  But then I remembered the reason why I'm doing all this.  If Aunt Jean can suffer through chemo and radiation, then I can take my sleep deprived butt and hit the pavement for a few miles.  One thing that is kind of neat about all this is the timing.  With the race falling on Oct 8 and the training program being 18 weeks, my training began right as all her treatment was starting to wrap up, which means we will both be getting stronger together - me as I train, and her and she heals  :)

Sometimes I prefer to run without using any asthma medication, and today was one of those days.  I can run comfortably without my inhaler; I just have to slow my pace down so much that a brisk walker could keep up.  I call it running "au naturale."  Most people would consider that to mean running without headphones, maybe without a stopwatch, and even some idiots run barefoot or w/ minimalist shoes - they need to be slapped.  Don't ever ask me to run without any of those 3 things.

Hope Katy had a good day...
http://katysfirstmarathon.blogspot.com/

Miles Today: 4
Miles This Week: 23
Total Training Miles: 23

No comments:

Post a Comment