Friday, June 17, 2011

Day 12 - HOTTT

When I rolled into Clarksville last night to pick up some job materials, I noticed it was Peach Festival time.  I'd completely forgotten it was that time of year.  I remembered how they used to always have a road race every year, the Peach Fesitval 4-Miler.  I ran it a few times when I was in school and it was a fun race.  I thought, "How fun would it be to do the race as my training run for Saturday?!"

Then, at about 3pm on Friday, I realized, oh crap, I usually run in the evenings and if the race is 1st thing in the morning, then I need to hurry and get my Friday run out of the way NOW  - in 103 degree heat index.  YeeHaw!  As such, I opted for only 3 miles, since the plan called for 3-6.  There was very little shade and it felt like the longest 3 miles I've run in awhile.  But when it was over, a nice cold shower bounced me right back.  Now, I go eat...lots.  Race starts @ 7am - hopefully I can hash out something impressive.

See Katy's blog too: http://katysfirstmarathon.blogspot.com/

Today's Miles: 3
This Week's Miles: 14.25
Total Training Miles: 43.25

No comments:

Post a Comment